Swarthmore 19081 - Research, Detailed Information and Line Item Costs:|
All Contractor Trades,
Construction, Mechanical and Electrical.
Every Facility Concern.
Swarthmore, PA 19081 -
The Economical Partnership Trades Network by the Contractors in your neighborhood.
|Economical, Reliable Trade Service.|
19081 Swarthmore PA @ Action Information.com
Swarthmore 19081, PA Delaware County by Contractors Solutions Inc.
By The Local Independent Contractors Network - Contractors Solutions Inc. and Able Group Inc.
Official / Municipal / Area Information
Administration Office . 121 Park Ave. 610-543-4599
Garage . 121 Dartmouth Ave. 610-543-3460
Police . 121 Park Ave. 911 emergency . 610-543-0123
Welcome to Swarthmore Borough Official Web Site
Swarthmore Public Library . 121 Park Avenue . 610-543-0436 . Office - 610-543-3171
Neighborhood / Community Information
Swarthmore Recreation Association . 610-328-2437
Swarthmore College . 500 College Ave. Swarthmore, PA, 19081 . 610-328-8000
Players Club of Swarthmore . PO Box 236, 19081 . 610-328-4271
Swarthmore Senior Citizens Association . 121 Park Avenue . 610-543-0645
The Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College . 500 College Ave. 610-328-8025
The Borough of Swarthmore was founded in 1893, but the history of it starts earlier with its development as a college town and commuter suburb.
Swarthmore had access to good roads and public transportation that encouraged the development of its residential and business community in the late 19th and 20th
centuries. In the 21st century, Swarthmore became the home of one of the best liberal arts colleges in America. Swarthmore used to be a section of Springfield
Township until the end of the 19th century. Just like most of these local towns, it was settled by Quakers, who were originally granted the land by William Penn.
In the earlier 19th century, it was rolling farmland, most known for the birthplace of America's first internationally famous artist Benjamin West.
So, the area was informally known as Westdale or West Dale, in honor of him. The area began to change in 1864, when Swarthmore College was founded.
In the years before the Civil War, members of the Hicksite branch of the Society of Friends were looking for a place for an institution of higher learning
for their children. They eventually decided on Westdale, which had the convenience of the train while still outside the city. In 1866, the cornerstone was
laid for the main building (which is today Parrish Hall), and classes started in 1869. In 1876, the name of the train station was changed to Swarthmore.
|Absolutely the Largest Online Library from the Informative Contractors Near You.|